Which bridges are among the 10 largest bridges in the world? The top 10 heralds a building in Saudi Arabia or Bahrain.
No. 10: The “King Fahd Causeway” is a 25 kilometer long bridge that was built in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. The “König-Fahd-Damm”, as it is called in German, is a combination of a dam and a bridge connection.
No. 9: Between Lafayette in Louisiana and Baton Rouge (USA) there is a 29.29 kilometer bridge that spans the Atchafalaya Basin. This bridge consists of two parallel plate bridges made of reinforced concrete.
No. 8: The “Donghai Daqiao” is 32.5 kilometers long and is located in China. It was the first Chinese pier; Construction began in June 2005 – the bridge was opened at the end of 2005. Today the Chinese bridge connects the coast of Shanghai with the Luchao port.
No. 7: The “Hangzhou Bay Bridge” with a length of 36 kilometers is located over the Hangzhou Bay (China) and connects the cities of Shanghai and Ningbo. The six-lane bridge is also the longest sea bridge ever built.
No. 6: Louisiana (USA) has the sixth longest bridge in the world. Overall, this structure has a total length of 36.7 kilometers.
No. 5: The “Lake Pontchartrain Bridge” leads over the so-called Lake Pontchartrain in the state of Louisiana (USA). The bridge measures 38.37 kilometers in length.
No. 4 : The “Great Bridge of Beijing” measures 48.143 kilometers and at the same time forms the high-speed route between Shanghai and Beijing. The translation of the bridge takes around 20 minutes (operating speed).
No. 3: The longest girder bridge in the world – which is in 3rd place in the ranking – is located in Thailand. The “Bang Na Expressway” measures 54 kilometers.
No. 2: The “Great Bridge of Tianjin” has an unbelievable length of 113.7 kilometers and is considered another high-speed route between Shanghai and Beijing.
No. 1: With an incredible length of 164.8 kilometers, the “Great Bridge of Danyang-Kunshan” or the “Pinyin Danyang-Kunshan da qiao” is the longest bridge in the world. The railway viaduct also represents a high-speed route between Beijing and Shanghai. The bridge was built – largely – from prefabricated parts. The bridge itself lies between Nanjing and Shanghai (eastern China) – or rather in Jiangsu. The route opened on June 30, 2011; the cost was $ 8.5 billion.
U.S. Economy by State
- Africa Population and Transportation
- Asia Overview
- Barbados As a Tourist Country
- Botswana Destinations
- Cape Verde Long Beaches and African Exotics
- Colombia The Country That Offers Everything
- Culture and Beaches in Exotic Egypt
- Denmark a Maritime Small Country
- Ethiopia As a Tourism Country
- Europe Climate
- Greenland Travel Package
- Laos Genuine and Untouched
- Montenegro a Surprise On The Adriatic
- Oceania Climate
- The Best of Botswana
- The Best of Egypt
- The Parliamentary Democratic Republic of Bulgaria Since 1990
- Types of Travel in South America
- Lebam, Washington September 21, 2023 - According to mcat-test-centers, Lebam is a small town located in Pacific County, Washington, with a population of around 230 people. Nestled in the Willapa Hills in the southwestern part of… Read more
- Columbia Cross Roads, Pennsylvania September 20, 2023 - According to mcat-test-centers, Columbia Cross Roads is a small community located in Bradford County, Pennsylvania. Situated in the northeastern part of the state, Columbia Cross Roads is nestled in the… Read more
- Fremont, Indiana September 19, 2023 - According to mcat-test-centers, Fremont, Indiana is a small town located in the northeastern part of the state. Situated in Steuben County, it lies near the border with Michigan and is… Read more
- Leavenworth, Washington September 14, 2023 - According to liuxers, Leavenworth is a picturesque Bavarian-style village nestled in the heart of the Cascade Mountains in Washington state. Located about 120 miles east of Seattle, this charming town… Read more
- Columbia, Pennsylvania September 13, 2023 - According to liuxers, Columbia, Pennsylvania, located in Lancaster County, is a picturesque borough situated along the eastern bank of the Susquehanna River. With a rich history dating back to the… Read more
- Freetown, Indiana September 12, 2023 - According to liuxers, Freetown, Indiana is a small town located in the southern part of the state. Situated in Jackson County, Freetown is known for its scenic beauty and charming… Read more
- Laurier, Washington September 7, 2023 - According to maternityetchic, Laurier is a small town located in the northeastern corner of Washington state, near the border with Canada. Situated in Ferry County, Laurier is surrounded by stunning… Read more
- Colmar, Pennsylvania September 6, 2023 - According to maternityetchic, Colmar is a small unincorporated community located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, in the United States. Situated in the southeastern part of the state, Colmar is nestled in… Read more
- Freelandville, Indiana September 5, 2023 - According to maternityetchic, Freelandville is a small town located in the southwestern part of Indiana, United States. Nestled within Knox County, it is surrounded by picturesque landscapes and offers a… Read more
- Cabot, Pennsylvania August 30, 2023 - According to iamaccepted, Cabot, Pennsylvania is a quaint borough located in Butler County, in the western part of the state. Nestled amidst rolling hills and picturesque landscapes, Cabot offers a… Read more