Which bridges are among the 10 largest bridges in the world? The top 10 heralds a building in Saudi Arabia or Bahrain.
No. 10: The “King Fahd Causeway” is a 25 kilometer long bridge that was built in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. The “König-Fahd-Damm”, as it is called in German, is a combination of a dam and a bridge connection.
No. 9: Between Lafayette in Louisiana and Baton Rouge (USA) there is a 29.29 kilometer bridge that spans the Atchafalaya Basin. This bridge consists of two parallel plate bridges made of reinforced concrete.
No. 8: The “Donghai Daqiao” is 32.5 kilometers long and is located in China. It was the first Chinese pier; Construction began in June 2005 – the bridge was opened at the end of 2005. Today the Chinese bridge connects the coast of Shanghai with the Luchao port.
No. 7: The “Hangzhou Bay Bridge” with a length of 36 kilometers is located over the Hangzhou Bay (China) and connects the cities of Shanghai and Ningbo. The six-lane bridge is also the longest sea bridge ever built.
No. 6: Louisiana (USA) has the sixth longest bridge in the world. Overall, this structure has a total length of 36.7 kilometers.
No. 5: The “Lake Pontchartrain Bridge” leads over the so-called Lake Pontchartrain in the state of Louisiana (USA). The bridge measures 38.37 kilometers in length.
No. 4 : The “Great Bridge of Beijing” measures 48.143 kilometers and at the same time forms the high-speed route between Shanghai and Beijing. The translation of the bridge takes around 20 minutes (operating speed).
No. 3: The longest girder bridge in the world – which is in 3rd place in the ranking – is located in Thailand. The “Bang Na Expressway” measures 54 kilometers.
No. 2: The “Great Bridge of Tianjin” has an unbelievable length of 113.7 kilometers and is considered another high-speed route between Shanghai and Beijing.
No. 1: With an incredible length of 164.8 kilometers, the “Great Bridge of Danyang-Kunshan” or the “Pinyin Danyang-Kunshan da qiao” is the longest bridge in the world. The railway viaduct also represents a high-speed route between Beijing and Shanghai. The bridge was built – largely – from prefabricated parts. The bridge itself lies between Nanjing and Shanghai (eastern China) – or rather in Jiangsu. The route opened on June 30, 2011; the cost was $ 8.5 billion.
- Africa Population and Transportation
- Asia Overview
- Barbados As a Tourist Country
- Botswana Destinations
- Cape Verde Long Beaches and African Exotics
- Colombia The Country That Offers Everything
- Culture and Beaches in Exotic Egypt
- Denmark a Maritime Small Country
- Ethiopia As a Tourism Country
- Europe Climate
- Greenland Travel Package
- Laos Genuine and Untouched
- Montenegro a Surprise On The Adriatic
- Oceania Climate
- The Best of Botswana
- The Best of Egypt
- The Parliamentary Democratic Republic of Bulgaria Since 1990
- Types of Travel in South America
- Orlando, Florida August 16, 2022 - City of Theme Parks The city of Orlando is located in the central east of the US state of Florida, USA. About 240,000 people live in Orlando. However, the city… Read more
- Niagara Falls in New York August 9, 2022 - A very impressive sight is the Niagara Falls in the state of New York on the border with the Canadian province of Ontario. A breathtaking and unforgettable natural spectacle, the… Read more
- Morocco Fast Facts August 2, 2022 - Morocco is located in northern Africa and borders Algeria. The border with the territory of the Western Sahara is disputed. The area has been claimed by Morocco since its release… Read more
- China Fast Facts July 26, 2022 - China is one of the largest countries on earth in terms of area and has an incredible 1,300 million inhabitants. It borders 14 other countries in Asia and therefore plays… Read more
- United Kingdom Fast Facts July 19, 2022 - Great Britain is an island country in north-western Europe that is no longer part of the EU as of 2020. The United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales.… Read more
- Mexico Fast Facts July 12, 2022 - Mexico is located in North America, bordered by the United States to the north and Belize and Guatemala to the south. Ancient pyramids and places of worship, fantastically beautiful beaches,… Read more
- Denver in Colorado July 5, 2022 - The Mile High City According to liuxers, Denver is the capital of the US state of Colorado and is located in the eastern foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Denver is… Read more
- Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming June 28, 2022 - In the land of geysers According to Acronymmonster, Yellowstone National Park is probably the most famous national park in the USA. The park has to cope with an annual tourist… Read more
- Griffith Observatory June 21, 2022 - Griffith Observatory (USA) — detailed description, address, opening hours, how to get there. Information about curricula and courses, reviews. The Griffith Observatory is one of the iconic places in Los… Read more
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden June 14, 2022 - Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden (Dallas, USA): detailed description, address and photo. Opportunities for sports and recreation, infrastructure, cafes and restaurants in the park. Reviews of tourists. Arboretum and Botanical… Read more