Travel Documents to French Polynesia

By | February 15, 2022

A visa to French Polynesia is issued at the French embassy, ​​in the Department of Overseas Territories of France, and is officially referred to as a “visa for traveling to French overseas territories.” A regular French Schengen visa for travel to French Polynesia is not valid.

The following documents are required to apply for a visa:

International passport:

– the passport must be signed by the owner;

– the passport must not be expired;

– passport must be valid for at least 3 months from the date of return;

– the passport must have blank pages;

– if the passport contains dubious marks and stamps, full information must be provided explaining their origin;

– if you are presenting a new passport, you must present the previous passport (if any).

Certificate of employment on letterhead with address, phone number (the city code must be indicated) and the name of the company, in which the following must be indicated:


the date from which you work in this organization;

annual income (at least 500–700 USD per month);

dates of the next paid vacation, which must coincide with the planned trip;

the fact that you have a job for the period of vacation.

Pensioners, unemployed, students and schoolchildren must submit:

a certificate from the place of work of the person who finances their trip + a sponsorship letter and a document confirming family relations;

a copy of a pension or student certificate (schoolchildren – a certificate from the school).

2 color photos per person on a light background. The size of the photographs is 3.5×4.5 cm. The photograph must be taken no more than 6 months before the submission of documents.

To obtain a visa, purchased air tickets with fixed dates or a printout of the air ticket reservation are required.

Spouses must submit a copy of their marriage certificate.

Medical insurance. If you have pre-arranged insurance that meets the requirements of embassies, you must submit the original policy.

If a child under the age of 18 goes on a trip with one of the parents or accompanied by a third person, it is necessary to provide a notarized consent from the parent (parents) for the child to travel with this accompanying person.

The document must indicate:

the country where the trip is planned;

validity period of the power of attorney (no more than three months).

If a child is traveling accompanied by a third person, a power of attorney is required that gives the third party the right to represent the interests of the child in court.

It is necessary to submit a notarized translation of documents into French.

A photocopy of all pages of the internal passport of the principal (parent or parents) is also required.

Original or notarized copy of birth certificate for all minor children (under 18 years of age) intending to travel.

Obtaining visas by nonresident citizens in Moscow can be difficult if there is an embassy in the region where the applicant is registered.

Attention! The Embassy has the right to require additional documents.

Consular time: Processing time is approximately 15 working days.

Refusal of a visa does not provide for the return of the amount paid for its issuance.

The consular fee for a visa is 65 EUR per person.

Travel Documents to French Polynesia